Mutual funds are becoming a very popular way for individuals to invest in India. Instead of buying shares in individual stocks, people are opting for mutual funds these days says Sachin Karpe.
There are 4 major pros of investing in mutual funds:
- Mutual funds are an easy way for an investor to buy stocks which would otherwise be difficult to manage.
- Mutual funds can buy numerous individual stocks across various industry sectors, which make it more diversified.
- Mutual funds are handled and managed by professionals who are qualified and have industry experience.
- There is no maximum or minimum amount for investing in mutual funds. You can invest even if you don’t have much financial or investing experience.
The Cons of Investing in Mutual Funds
But, where there are advantages, there are disadvantages too. Below are 4 major cons of investing in mutual funds:
- Managing mutual funds could be expensive. There are sales commissions involved. There is an annual fee, regardless of the performance.
- Mutual fund stock prices are calculated and disclosed to public only once every day. Every mutual fund is made for multiple investors, the price fluctuates depending on the net asset value, and hence the price isn’t set until the market day ends officially.
- In mutual funds long term capital gains are taxed at a lower rate than short term capital gains.
- In mutual funds you can make a loss on an investment but still end up paying taxes.
This is what I, Sachin Karpe, feel about mutual fund investments.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is now available for Moto E, Moto G and Moto X smartphones in India says Sachin Karpe. This new update carries an extra security features for browsing internet. There is no charge for the update other than the data connection usage. Users will receive notifications to update their operating system in phases. For others, this can be assed from settings menu also.
Flipkart and Karbonn have come together to launch 4 new entry level Android smartphones priced between Rs 2,699 and Rs 4,499 says Sachin Karpe.
Available in white and black colours, Karbonn Smart A52+, Karbonn Smart A12, Karbonn Smart A11 and Karbonn Smart A50S dual-sim phones will be exclusively sold by Flipkart. Two of these phones run Android 4.4 KitKat, the latest version of the OS.
Orkut, Google’s first social networking site, will cease to exist with the Internet giant deciding to shut down the service launched 10 years ago. Orkut, the widely used social networking website in India and Brazil, will shut down on September 30. Since facebook, YouTube, Blogger and Google+ have been growing on a greater extent, these platforms have outspaced the growth of orkut and so according to Google its time to shut it down utter Sachin Karpe.
One reason why google will shut orkut down is to focus on its other social networking initiatives. The company declined to say how many users Orkut has. Google has increasingly sought to position Google+ less as a social networking “stream” that competes with Facebook, and more as a means of establishing a unified “user identity” system to improve Google’s various Web properties.
Last year, for example, Google began requiring users of its YouTube site to sign in with their Google+ identity before posting comments about videos. The company said it would preserve an archive of all Orkut “communities” that will be available from September 30. So for all the avid fans and users Orkut this would be the last two to enjoy the games, scrap posts etc.